Bursary InformationWritten by Anni
See the bottom of this article for a downloadable application form.
Two Bursary Funds of $2,000 each will be awarded annually provided an applicant meets the following criteria:
Any person who:
Is an immediate family member of an employee of the Vancouver Island Health Authority at Saanich Peninsula Hospital
OR any Auxiliary member
OR son or daughter or grandchild of an Auxiliary member
OR having completed 100 hours of volunteer service within Saanich Peninsula Hospital
OR is a graduate of School District 63
- The bursary to be awarded to a person entering a full-time academic program at any university or regional college in the province of British Columbia in a medical science program such as:
Dentistry Medical Transcription Pharmacy
Dietetics Medicine Physiotherapy
Hospital Unit Clerk Music Therapy Recreational Therapy
Medical Imaging Nursing Registered Care Aide
Medical Office Assistant Nursing Assistant Respiratory Therapy
Medical Social Worker Occupational Therapy Speech Therapy
Disciplines not listed above may be considered by the Bursary Committee
Selection of the applicants will be made based on the following criteria:
- academic performance
- community involvement
- accompanying letter
- APPLICATIONS MUST include:
- a short hand written letter
- an official high school or an official post-secondary transcript
- proof of enrollment at the post-secondary level
- three references; one of which should be high school principal or post-secondary instructor
Applications must be received by September 15th. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The monies will be presented to the recipient in December at the auxiliary luncheon.
- Any applicant may reapply each year for an unlimited number of years provided he/she continues to meet all of the criteria. If no other candidates apply, he/she may receive the bursary until the time his/her program is completed. However, if there are other applicants then the bursary may be presented to a new candidate.
Applications are to be addressed to:
Auxiliary to the Saanich Peninsula Hospital
2166 Mount Newton X Road
Saanichton, BC V8M 2B2
“Attention: Bursary Chairperson” and “Confidential”
See below for a downloadable application form.