Bursary InformationWritten by Anni
Two Bursary Funds of $2,000 each will be awarded annually, provided an applicant meets the following criteria:
Any person who:
1. Is a current employee of the Island Health Authority at Saanich Peninsula Hospital
OR an immediate family member of an employee
OR any Auxiliary member
OR son or daughter of an Auxiliary member
OR having completed 100 hours of volunteer service within a VIHA Hospital
OR is a graduate of School District 63
OR a member of the B.C. Ambulance Service based at the Saanich Peninsula Hospital
2. The Bursary to be awarded to a person entering
a) Any University or Regional College or recognised School of Nursing in the Province of British Columbia
In a Medical Science program such as:
Medical Imaging Dentistry
Occupational Therapy Dietetics
Speech Therapy Medical Social Worker
Music Therapy Respiratory Therapy
Disciplines not listed above may be considered by the Bursary Committee.
Selection of the applicants to be made on the basis of Academic performance, Community involvement, and accompanying letter.
3. Applications must include:
- a short hand written letter
- high school or post-secondary extension transcript
- reference from high school principal (if applicable) , or registrar of post secondary institution.
- Two other references
Applications must be received by the 15 August.